- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
'American Horror Story': First Look at Freak Show Cast Art
Young Michael Jackson is cooler than you
RIP, Alice Coachman, First Black Woman to Win an Olympic Gold Medal
(November 9, 1923-July 14, 2014)
At the 1948 Olympics in London, members of the U.S. Women’s Track and Field team went down to defeat one by one. Any hope of winning rested on Alice Coachman. Thousands of spectators stayed late for the high-jump event and witnessed history as she became the first African American woman to win an Olympic gold medal. In time for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, this book follows Coachman on her journey from rural Georgia, where she overcame adversity both as a woman and as a black athlete, to her triumph in Wembly Stadium.
A biography of the first black woman to win an Olympic gold medal, from her childhood in segregated Albany, Georgia, in the 1930s, through her recognition at the 1996 Olympics as one of the hundred best athletes in Olympic history.
Shelly Frey, (pictured) a 27-year-old mother of two has been fatally shot by an off-duty sheriff’s deputy after he suspected her of shoplifting at a Houston Walmart.
I am SO goddamned tired of this shit.
damn, they won’t let up. we can’t run and we can’t surrender. what do they expect us to do? they killed this woman over what some merchandise? you let out on some garments what twisted universe do you gotta come from when a overtime punching rent-a-cop even bothers to chase and then pull a gun? smh rip because there is nothing but war on this side of the final curtain.
I cannot.. I can’t….